Thursday 26 February 2009

I'll give you a stimulus package

I'll start this off with a picture of some beer I saw the other day. I'm sorely disappointed at the lack of rafting this summer. We'll have to fix that problem very soon. I didn't buy any of this because it was $33 for a six pack and it looks like it'd taste like all other expensive Euro beer.... shit. Good label though. I just noticed it say's there is whisky in it. French whisky. Of course there is, what self respecting raftman doesn't mix whiskey in his beer.



Okay onto the softbrawl. This year's game was a little different to every other year. Half the crew were in Sydney for the Bondi Bowl-a-rama and Beard-o-rama. Tim didn't have enough fun tickets to go to Sydney but he was repping the T that Al asked me to draw anyway. Please note Al's use of puffy ink. Good thinking Al.


Jim bought his ghetto balster. Him and some of the other dadolescents bought their children too. There was less tears this year and way more smiles. They're all growning up quick. They'll be old enough to play soon. Infact if Jim and Bec keep going the way they are they'll have their own team in about 6 years.


This is what life in the outfield looked like


I was looking for shade to keep my beer cool then i noticed this magic shadow that followed me where ever I went so I made good use of it.


For some reason we did team photos half way through the game. Here's us, the Westside Kings. Who comes up with these names. Westside versus Eastside??? Please. We all basically live in the same area. I wanted it to be the Biggies versus the Tupacs but Sebastian is racist so we weren't allowed to use those names.


Here's the Eastside..... I cant remember what they were. Queens maybe? Going by this picture it looks like they all from the Eastside sign language school.


Here's a picture of Matt, the winning captain, trying to squash Lily's bike


It wasn't working so Ella and Kai had a go on it. I think this is the bike that Jim told me he'd spent $600 on.


This is the post match team photo of the winning side. It was actually a draw and they won in the extra innings despite James' best efforts at wildly throwing the ball into the outfield for no reason and letting two of our runners get home. In his defence I think he hit 4 or 5 home runs so it all balances out. James is good at smacking the crap out things, carefully guiding them to a prescribed target... not so much.


Along with making her bike into a cross between a '63 Chevy Impala and something the Mods were riding in Quadrophenia, Jim has also been teaching Lily how to do graffiti. Last year it was break dancing, this year its graff. Next year she'll be racking paint and doing top to bottom whole cars.


This bag was originally my mask of shame for the post match team photo. I didn't bother getting anyone to take a picture of that with my camera. Lily decided to add a few improvements.


Amazing



Hilarious bike - check.
Bag on head - check.
Austin up front to do the pedalling - check.
Potato chips for energy - check.
Lets fucking roll.


Here is Anibal being sports dad with his soccerball and Kai taking a screamer over his shoulders and Austin doing some kind of wrestling move that I dont know about.


Mavie is not allowed to play because he's too argumentative or noisy or something. This is Lily tagging his new tshirt. Nice work Lily, you'll be all city before you know it.


We thought the hole in the bottom of this tree was probably inhabited by possums. On such a hot day we thought they'd appreciate a good cool down. Ice to see you.


Jim's girls thought we were trying to hurt the "squirrels" so we had to move the ice. Jim, on the list of things you need to teach your children (apart from how to break into the Hurstbridge rail yards and which Wu Tang albums to avoid) there's no squirrels in Australia and ice melts...in Australia. If there is anything else you need to know about Australia or raising children just ask, I'm your guy.


We filled the bin. What an achievement. I can go home satisfied now. Maybe call the folks, give them the good news.


Me and Mavie saw this fold up steed on the way home. It is pretty small, not small enough to be anymore convenient than a normal bike though. I mean its still chained to a pole out side. What's the point?


Okay I'm tired. Wait one more photo. Possibly the best photo in the history of imagery. It's a photo of a photo so you'll just have to take my word on how good the original looks stuck up on Dave's fridge door with a magnet.


I give you Dave Snow's dad dressed as Dame Edna Everidge, hanging out with Dame Edna Everidge. I'm speechless

No comments: